The Cap-it® Genuine Truckware™ chain of retail stores offers the largest selection of pickup accessories anywhere. Tires and wheels, hitches, racking, lights, truck caps, power sports products, suspension systems, work truck accessories, and adventure products – you name it, we carry it. The most innovative products, the best brands, the best value and the best advice. Cap-it installs everything the company sells, with service provided by employees who undergo rigorous hands-on training and attend regular workshops to keep up to date on the latest techniques and innovations. Cap-it® operates 30 stores across North America.
An excellent opportunity is available for a motivated and experienced Senior Accountant to join our Finance team at the Cap-it® Corporate Head Office. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will responsible for various accounting duties, ensuring all related deadlines are being met. The ideal candidate is well organized in managing time and tasks, has a good understanding of general accounting principles, is able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Responsible for day to day accounting for certain corporate store locations, including A/R and A/P functions
- Perform general accounting activities for month end close, including account reconciliations, accruals, recurring and other adjusting journal entries
- Reconcile inter-company transactions
- Assist with the preparation of internal financial statements
- Assist with the preparation of year end working papers
- Prepare and assist with special reports, projects, and other accounting duties as assigned by Controller
What Cap-it Offers:
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Personalized training and development
- Education/tuition assistance
- Employee discount
- Culturally diverse and collaborative work environment that promotes work-life balance
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8:30-5:00pm
- Should possess an accounting designation, however candidates who are working towards their designation may be considered
- Understanding of accounting standards and financial reporting principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Strong, proven attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , specifying why you are interested in the role and your salary expectations.
Compensation will be determined by experience, fit, performance and other criteria that will be made available during the interview process.
We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants eligible to work in Canada will be contacted. Thank you!